This is an old version of "Smart TV". View the latest version here.
This page describes our privacy practices with respect to Yahoo Smart TV.
- You do not need to be a registered user to use Yahoo Smart TV, although some Yahoo TV apps may require sign-in to Yahoo.
- Once signed in to Yahoo, you are not automatically signed out once the TV app has been closed. You can sign in and sign out of the Yahoo account associated with individual profiles in the Settings menu.
Non-Verizon Media content and service providers
- Yahoo Smart TV offers TV apps from other content and service providers, but does not share your information with those providers without your consent.
- You do not need to sign in to Yahoo to use non-Yahoo branded TV apps.
Yahoo Smart TV platform
- The Yahoo Smart TV platform automatically checks for updates.
- When your Smart TV contacts Verizon Media servers, it sends information that can help enhance your experience, which may include: a unique identifier number, your IP address (https://verizonmedia.com/policies/ie/en/verizonmedia/privacy/topics/ipaddress/index.html) and viewing data.
- When you use Yahoo Smart TV, you are subject to the terms of service you accepted upon first launching Yahoo Smart TV on your television. In addition to the Privacy module in the device settings, you can also find the latest Smart TV Privacy module (https://verizonmedia.com/policies/ie/en/verizonmedia/privacy/products/smarttv/index.html) on the web.