Yahoo Sports App Additional Terms of Service
Welcome to the Yahoo Sports App (the "Service" or the “App”), owned and operated by Yahoo Inc. ("Yahoo"). Yahoo Inc. has offices at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND POLICIES
- Changes to Terms. Yahoo reserves the right to update and change, from time to time, these Additional Terms and all documents incorporated by reference. You can find the most recent version of the Terms at the links in the paragraph above. You should check these documents regularly for any updates. Your continued use of the Service will constitute acceptance of any modified terms. In the event of any inconsistency between these Additional Terms, the Yahoo TOS, and the Yahoo EULA, these Additional Terms shall first control, then the Yahoo TOS and last the Yahoo EULA.
- YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THESE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND ALL DOCUMENTS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE, SO PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
- GENERAL USE OF THE SERVICE
- Compatibility and Internet Access. To use the Service you need, at your sole cost, a compatible device and wireless connection or access to the Internet. Some content may be available only on specific devices such as those with a specific screen size range, for example, seven-inch screen or smaller. The system and compatibility requirements for the Service may change from time to time.
- Data and Wireless Charges. Your use of the Service may result in data or other charges from your wireless and/or broadband provider that you are responsible for paying. We may offer promotions and/or plans that allow you to watch some or all content on the Service without incurring data use charges from your wireless provider (“Sponsored Data”). The Sponsored Data promotion or plan may have certain conditions or limitations, such as applying only to streaming videos and not when browsing or otherwise using the Service. The conditions or limitations applicable to a specific Sponsored Data promotion or plan will be described in accompanying marketing or other materials.
- Account. Certain features and shows may not be available if you do not have a Yahoo account and are not logged into that Yahoo account.
- Content and location. Unless you allow us access to your location, we may not be able to provide access to certain content that has geographic limitations.
- Our right to terminate, suspend or modify promotions. We reserve the right to terminate, suspend or modify any promotion offered to you by us or in conjunction with an affiliate if it is subject to challenge or allegation by a regulatory or enforcement agency as violating law, regulation or public policy. You agree that we will not be liable if this occurs.
- PAID SERVICES
- Our Service may include content that will be made available to you solely in connection with your agreement to provide either a one-time payment or purchase a subscription to such content for a set period, such as the duration of a live sporting event or portion thereof, a sport league’s season, a month, or a year (collectively, “Paid Services”). We may offer a variety of different Paid Services, each governed by any supplemental terms provided at the time of your purchase or use of such Paid Service. For example, there may be blackout or other geographical or territorial restrictions applicable to Paid Services for sporting events. Some Paid Services may be offered by or in conjunction with third parties. We are not responsible for products and services provided by such third parties. We reserve the right to modify, terminate or otherwise amend the Paid Services. To use a Paid Service, you may be required to create and log into a Yahoo account.
- Purchase Through External Service. If you purchase a Paid Service through an external service, such as the Apple App Store or Google Play, Yahoo will not receive any of your billing information related to this purchase. If you purchase a Paid Service from the Apple App Store, your payment will be charged to your Apple account at confirmation of purchase. If you purchase a Paid Service from Google Play, your payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase. Please contact the external service if you have any questions about your purchase. In addition to these Terms, you are also subject to the external service’s terms and conditions.
- Amount Charged for Paid Service May Change. The amount charged for any Paid Service may change. Yahoo does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
- Refunds. Unless otherwise indicated at the time of purchase or in other writing by Yahoo, all Paid Service sales are final. We do not provide full or partial refunds for a Paid Service you purchased. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you will not receive a refund or credit for any content that you are not able to view or have difficulty viewing for any reason.
- Taxes. If Yahoo is required to collect or pay any taxes in connection with your purchase of a Paid Service, the taxes may be charged to you at the time of each purchase transaction. Additionally, if required by law, you are responsible for reporting and paying certain taxes in connection with your purchase and use of a Paid Service. Taxes may include duties, customs fees, or other taxes (other than income tax), along with any related penalties or interest, as applicable to your purchase or country of purchase.
- NBA League Pass
- Blackout Restrictions. Locally televised games are not available for viewing on the NBA League Pass Paid Service. Blackout restrictions include your local NBA team(s) and all nationally telecast games. If your location changes, your blackout restrictions for locally televised games may also change. Blackouts for locally televised games are specific to your location at the time of broadcast. The NBA League Pass Paid Service is only available within the United States.
- Additional Restrictions. Regular season games only. The NBA League Pass Paid Service may only be used for your personal, private, non-commercial use and not for any other purpose or for retransmission, distribution, or sale and no part of the Paid Service may be made viewable to the public or be received by any commercial establishment. You may not transmit or distribute running accounts of NBA games in progress and you may not charge any admission for viewing the NBA League Pass Paid Service. You may not infringe the intellectual property rights of the NBA, and such rights may be enforced by Yahoo and/or its licensors (including the NBA).
Last updated: January 2021