Yahoo Sports Best Bracket Millionaire Contest Official Rules
THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER CLAUSES IN SECTION 10 BELOW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA"). THE YAHOO SPORTS BEST BRACKET MILLIONAIRE CONTEST SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
FURTHER, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE). REFER BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
YOUR ENTRY INTO ANY ASPECT OF THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The Yahoo Sports Best Bracket Millionaire Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the Eligibility Area who are 18 years or older (or the age of majority in the Player’s state of legal residence) as of the time of entry and are not a prohibited party identified on any government export exclusion lists (see e.g., http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforcement/liststocheck.htm). You must have a free Yahoo ID in order to be eligible to participate. Refer to the tournament website, located at tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com (the “Website”) for any additional system requirements. The Contest is void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, military installations, and commonwealths, and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Yahoo Inc. (“Yahoo” or "Sponsor"), Subway IP, LLC, Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust Ltd., and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, underwriters, and Contest companies, any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services or prizes related to this Contest, (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to win.
- About the Contest: The Contest is conducted as an “overlay game” using the tournament brackets Players may create in connection with Yahoo’s separate, free “Yahoo Sports Tourney Pick ’Em 2019” game (the "Basic Game"). In the Basic Game, users are invited to create up to ten (10) free tournament brackets (each, a “Basic Game Bracket”) in which they predict the winners of the 63 games (excluding the four "play-in games") comprising the 2019 NCAA Division I Men’s College Basketball Tournament (the “Tournament"). While there are no prizes offered in connection with the Basic Game, users who fully comply with all eligibility and other requirements of these Official Rules may also choose to participate in the Contest by entering one of their ten (10) Basic Game brackets in the Contest for a chance to with the Grand Prize. Players will be awarded points by correctly predicting the game winners as detailed below. The $1,000,000 Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded to the Player who has accumulated the most points during the Contest as described below, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules which are located at /us/en/yahoo/terms/fantasy-basketball/bestbracketmillionaire/rules/index.html.
In addition to these Official Rules, additional rules and guidelines regarding game play and scoring (which are fully incorporated into these Official Rules by reference) are located at https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com (the "Contest Instructions"). In the event of a conflict between these Official Rules and the Contest Instructions, these Official Rules will govern.
Players, based on their skill, knowledge and understanding of Tournament participants, must make their predictions between the conclusion of the announcement of the Tournament participants on March 17, 2019 and before the published tip-off time of the first game on March 21, 2019 (game time TBD) (the “Selection Period”).
- How To Enter:
- Registration: The Contest “Registration Period” begins on March 10, 2019 at 10:00 pm PT and ends on March 21, 2019 prior to the published tip-off time of the first game (game time TIME TBD).
Registration for the Basic Game opens on February 14, 2019. At that time, you may begin creating your Basic Game Brackets if you wish, but you will not be able to populate your Basic Game Brackets with your picks for the 2019 Tournament (your “Picks”) and submit your entries until after the tournament seedings have been announced on March 17, 2019 (the “Seeding Announcement”). The period between the Seeding Announcement and the “Entry Deadline” (defined in Rule 3c below) is referred to in these Official Rules as the "Entry Period."
Registration is available either via the Website, or via the free Yahoo Fantasy mobile application (the “Mobile App”). The Mobile App may be downloaded from https://mobile.yahoo.com/fantasy. A mobile device that is capable of running the Mobile App is referred to in these rules as a “Qualifying Mobile Device.” To register for this Contest, visit the Website on your desktop/laptop computer, or web-enabled mobile device, or open the Mobile App on your Qualifying Mobile Device. Look for the links to the Contest on the Website or within the Mobile App (the portion of the Mobile App devoted to this Contest is referred to in these Official Rules as the “In-App Site”; the Website and In-App Site are collectively referred to in these Official Rules as the “Basic Game Microsites”). Click “Create Bracket.” If you are not an existing Yahoo ID account holder, follow the instructions to register for a free Yahoo ID. Note: If entering on a Qualifying Mobile Device, wireless-service provider’s text and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
- Creating Entries: You may create up to ten (10) Basic Game Brackets in the Basic Game. You may designate ONE (1) of your Basic Game Brackets as your Contest entry (your “Contest Bracket”). You may edit your Picks in your Basic Game Brackets, including the one that you have designated as your Contest Bracket, at any time up until the close of the Entry Period. Similarly, you may select a different Basic Game Bracket to serve as your Contest Bracket during the Entry Period. All selections must be finalized by the close of the Entry Period, after which no further changes will be allowed.
- Filling Out Your Brackets: The team seedings for the 2019 Tournament will be populated within the Basic Game Microsites shortly after the Seeding Announcement. At that time, if you are fully registered for the Contest, and have created your Entry Bracket, you must return to one of the Basic Game Microsites to populate your Entry Bracket with your Picks and submit your Entry Brackets into the Contest as described in Rule 3(b) above. Note that the "play-in" games, scheduled for March 19 and 20, 2019, are not included in the brackets, and do not count towards a Player’s scores in this Contest.
You have until sometime prior to the published tip-off time of the first 2019 Tournament game on March 21, 2019 (the “Entry Deadline”) to create your Entry Bracket, complete your Picks, complete the Tie-Breaker Answers, and make revisions to your Entry Bracket. The exact Entry Deadline will be posted on the Basic Game Microsites when determined by the Sponsor.
You will also be asked to predict what the final score will be for each team participating in the championship game of the 2019 Tournament (the "Championship Game"). Your prediction for the winning team’s score is referred to as your “Winning Team Score”; your prediction for the losing team’s score is referred to as your “Losing Team Score.” Your Winning Team Score and Losing Team Score are collectively referred to as your “Tiebreaker Answers”. The Tiebreaker Answers are optional, but will be used in the event there is a tie between two or more Players for any Prize offered in connection with this Contest; refer to Rule 6 below for more information. All registration information, final Entry Bracket selections, and Picks must be received by the close of the Entry Period. A user who has submitted the foregoing materials in keeping with the deadlines described in these Official Rules, and who is otherwise in full compliance with the eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as a "Player".
In the event that one or more teams participating in the 2019 Tournament change(s) for any reason after the initial Tournament seedings have been posted on the Basic Game Microsites, the Sponsor will update the Basic Game Microsites to reflect the changed team(s), and will make a reasonable attempt to notify participants of the changed bracket(s) by posting a notice of the change(s) on the Basic Game Microsites. At that point, it is the Player’s responsibility, prior to the Entry Deadline, to return to the Website or In-App Site to modify his/her Bracket(s) with new Picks for any game(s) affected by the changed teams. Yahoo will not automatically update any Player’s Picks in order to reflect the change in teams, so unless the user takes action to correct his/her Picks, any previously selected Picks affected by a change in teams may be deemed incorrect.
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an entry occurs when Yahoo's servers record your registration information and designated, completed Bracket(s) as described above. As described above, you may modify your Bracket(s), or designate different a Basic Game Bracket as your Contest Bracket, until the close of the Entry Period, at which point your selections become final. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of the Yahoo ID associated with a particular entry, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Contest), and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo ID was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID, and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo ID was created, that Yahoo ID will be disqualified and any potential prize will be forfeited. A potential Prize winner may be required to provide Contest Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for each of the credentials described above.
LIMIT ONE (1) CONTEST BRACKET PER PERSON AND PER YAHOO ID. All of a Player’s Basic Game Brackets must be played under the same Yahoo ID. Any attempt by any Player to submit or play more than the maximum permitted number of Basic Game and/or Contest Brackets (e.g. by creating or submitting additional entries from multiple Yahoo IDs) will void any of that Player’s entries and disqualify him/her from the Contest. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the Player. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming delivery of email, "thanks for entering" message, or post office receipt) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Yahoo of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or Contest submission service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and may be disqualified. Only eligible entries actually received by Contest Entities before the end of the specified Entry Period will be considered for a Prize in this Contest. Unintelligible, incomplete or garbled entries may be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
- Registration: The Contest “Registration Period” begins on March 10, 2019 at 10:00 pm PT and ends on March 21, 2019 prior to the published tip-off time of the first game (game time TIME TBD).
- Conduct: By entering the Contest, Players agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Basic Game Microsites throughout the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Players further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the Contest Entities, which will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Basic Game, any Yahoo or Sponsor website, or the 2019 Tournament; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo or Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PLAYER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE BASIC GAME OR THIS Contest MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Prize: Sixty-three (63) games are scheduled to be played in the 2019 Tournament (the "play-in" games which determine the sixty-fourth seed are not counted for purposes of either the Basic Game or this Contest). The result of any game in the 2019 Tournament shall be deemed final based on the results certified by the NCAA prior to the commencement of the immediate next game in the Tournament, unless the NCAA undertakes review of the results of said game, in which case the NCAA’s final decision shall be determinative.
The verified Player whose single, validly submitted Contest Bracket that: (i) was designated by the Player for participation in the Contest; and (ii) receives the highest score (using Yahoo's Default Scoring formula; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6654.html; referred to in these Rules as the “Default Scoring Formula”) among all valid Contest Brackets properly submitted for participation in the Contest; will win one-million dollars ($1,000,000), payable in a lump sum by check (the “Grand Prize”).
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) PRIZE PER WINNER IN THIS CONTEST. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, include additional prizing after these Official Rules have been posted; in which case Sponsor reserves the right to update these Official Rules to include descriptions of additional prizes. The winner(s) of the Contest are not eligible to win prizes in either the Yahoo Sports Tourney Pick’em Verizon Accessories Featured Group Contest or the Yahoo Sports Tourney Pick’em Big League Impact Featured Group Contest.
The following applies to all Prizes: Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Only listed Prizes will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package with another Prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that Prize. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the Prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. For Prizes that include products or services from a third party provider, winner may be required to agree to additional terms & conditions imposed by the third party provider. Contest Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
- Ties: A “Tie” occurs when the validly submitted Entry Brackets of two or more verified eligible Players each receive the same score (using Yahoo’s Default scoring formula) among the Entry Brackets of all verified Players designated for participation in the Contest. Should one of these scenarios occur, Sponsor will attempt to break the Tie by awarding the affected Prize, among those tied:
(a) to the Player whose Tiebreaker Answers (on his/her tied Contest Bracket), when combined, are closest to the actual total combined score of the Championship Game of the 2019 Tournament (i.e. the sum of the total number of points scored by the winning team plus the total number of points scored by the losing team);
(b) in the event that the tie is still not broken, to the Player (among those still tied) whose Winning Team Score on his/her tied Entry Bracket is closest to the actual score of the winning team in the Championship Game; and
(c) in the event that the tie is still not broken, to the Player (among those still tied) whose Losing Team Score on his/her tied Entry Bracket is closest to the actual score of the losing team in the Championship Game.
(d) In the event that the tie is still not completely broken after applying the tiebreakers above, the affected Prize will be divided evenly among all such still-tied, verified eligible Players.
In the event a Player involved in a Tie failed to submit Tiebreaker Answers in connection with his/her tied Contest Bracket, that Player will automatically be deemed to have forfeited the tiebreaker, and the Prize will be awarded to the other Player involved in the tie (or, in the event more than two Players tied and a Tiebreaker is still needed, the Prize will be awarded via the Tiebreaker method(s) described above.).
- Winner Notification: PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOUR CONTEST BRACKET IS LISTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AT THE CLOSE OF THIS CONTEST, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. A POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY CONTEST ENTITIES, AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE A PLAYER WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER AND A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
Potential winner(s) will be notified within approximately 30 days after selection date via email, U.S. mail, telephone and/or by overnight courier. The Grand Prize Winner (and other potential winners of prizes valued over $599.99) will be required to fully complete, sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"), together with any additional information (such as W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number, social security number or resident alien identification number), that may be required by Contest Entities. The information provided in potential winner's Affidavit/Release must be correct, complete, and mirror the information provided in winner's registration information, or potential winner will be disqualified. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner must return all such required documents by the deadline specified by Sponsor or Prize may be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a Prize or fails to return the properly completed and executed Affidavit/Release or any other documentation as required by Sponsor, or if the prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Prize will be forfeited. Should such a forfeiture occur, the Prize will be awarded to the verified Player who scored the next-highest score among all Players according to the formula described in Rules 5-6 above, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules. Winners of prizes valued over $599.99 will be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the Prize for tax purposes. Any difference between actual value of a Prize and the approximated value of a Prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
- General Conditions: This Contest is subject to the laws of the United States, including all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Contest Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize, participation in this Contest, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any Prize-related activity, and (b) except where prohibited, grant to Contest Entities the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations, in connection with the Contest.
Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Contest Entities and their designees to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations.
- Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, jumbled, garbled, or scrambled entries or communications, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries or communications. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Basic Game, the Contest, or the 2019 Tournament, by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, data entered by participants, or registration in the Basic Game or the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, effects of hackers, software, email, Players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Basic Game Microsites or to process any transaction(s) in connection with the Contest). Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Basic Game, the Contest, or any of their respective components are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Basic Game or this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Basic Game, this Contest, or the affected component thereof, and, in its sole discretion, to award Prize(s) only within that portion of the Player group not affected by the disruption, if any. In addition, should the 2019 Tournament be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to award Prizes at the time the 2019 Tournament is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Basic Game or the Contest.
- Disputes: BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE. YOU AND SPONSOR BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES OR CLAIMS THAT IN ANY WAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THESE TERMS OR FROM ANY SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM US (OR FROM ANY ADVERTISING FOR ANY SUCH SERVICES), INCLUDING ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (“DISPUTE(S)”), ONLY BY ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, ARBITRATION OR A SMALL CLAIMS ACTION WILL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MEANS OF RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN US. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, YOU AND SPONSOR ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM IN COURT OR IN FRONT OF A JURY (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE BROUGHT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT), AND THAT YOU AND SPONSOR ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO PROCEED WITH ANY CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. We also both agree that:
- Notice of Dispute. If either you or Sponsor intends to arbitrate under these Terms, the party seeking arbitration must first notify the other party of the Dispute in writing at least 30 days in advance of initiating the arbitration. Notice to Sponsor should be sent to Sponsor either by mail to Yahoo, Attn: Disputes, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089; or email@example.com. Notice to you will be to your email address(es) and street address(es), if any, that Sponsor has in its records at the time the notice is sent. The notice must describe the nature of the claim and the relief being sought. If we are unable to resolve the Dispute within 30 days, either party may then file a claim for arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedure. The Federal Arbitration Act applies to these Terms. Except for small claims court cases, any and all Disputes will be resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), which will apply the AAA's Consumer Arbitration Rules (excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions). You can get additional information from the AAA (www.adr.org). These Terms govern to the extent they conflict with the AAA’s Rules.
- Small Claims Court Option. As an alternative to arbitration, you may bring an individual action in small claims court in your county of residence or Santa Clara County, California provided that your Dispute meets the requirements of the small claims court.
- Arbitration Location. Unless you and Sponsor agree otherwise, the arbitration must take place, or the small claims action must be filed, in the county of your primary residence or Santa Clara County, California.
- Arbitration Fees and Expenses. We will reimburse any filing fee that the AAA charges you for arbitration of the Dispute. If you provide us with signed written notice that you cannot pay the filing fee, we will pay the fee directly to the AAA. If the arbitration proceeds, we will also pay any administrative and arbitrator fees charged later.
- Severability. If any part of this agreement to arbitrate is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the court will reform the agreement to the extent necessary to cure the unenforceable part(s), and the parties will arbitrate their Dispute(s) without reference to or reliance upon the unenforceable part(s). However, if for any reason the Class Action Waiver set forth below cannot be enforced as to some or all of the Dispute, then the agreement to arbitrate will not apply to that Dispute or portion thereof, but the remainder of the agreement to arbitrate will be binding and enforceable. The parties do not agree to class arbitration or to the arbitration of any claims brought on behalf of others.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THESE TERMS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS, EVEN IF THE AAA PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE THE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. ARBITRATION OR COURT PROCEEDINGS HELD UNDER THESE TERMS CANNOT BE BROUGHT, MAINTAINED OR RESOLVED ON BEHALF OF OR BY A CLASS, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. IN ADDITION, INDIVIDUAL PROCEEDINGS CANNOT BE COMBINED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF ALL OF THE PARTIES. ANY QUESTION REGARDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE DECIDED BY A COURT AND NOT THE ARBITRATOR.
JURY TRIAL WAIVER. IF FOR ANY REASON A DISPUTE PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND SPONSOR UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
Choice of Law. These Terms and the relationship between the parties, including any claim or dispute that might arise between the parties, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. In no event will the parties bring claims against one another under the laws of another jurisdiction.
Forum. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, all such Disputes (regardless of theory) arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the relationship between you and Sponsor, will be brought exclusively in the courts located in the county of New York, New York or the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. In such cases, you and Sponsor agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York or the Southern District of New York, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Winner’s List: The name of the prize winner may be obtained following winner selection and confirmation by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Yahoo Sports Best Bracket Millionaire Contest Winner, c/o Yahoo Sports, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by April 30, 2019.
- Sponsor: Yahoo Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
© 2019 Yahoo Inc. Yahoo! and Yahoo Sports are trademarks of Yahoo Inc. All rights reserved.
NCAA, FINAL FOUR, SWEET SIXTEEN, and ELITE EIGHT are the trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Neither Yahoo nor this site is endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with the National Collegiate Athletic Association or the March Madness Athletic Association.