Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies and similar technologies addressed on this page may be considered technical identifiers. Please refer to our Technical Identifiers page for additional information on Yahoo’s collection, use, and linking of technical identifiers.
Yahoo's Practices Regarding Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Access your information when you "sign in" so we can provide you with customized content and experiences, or remember the last page you visited in an Yahoo Service.
- Information that Yahoo collects related to your activities and interests is maintained by Yahoo and is associated with Yahoo cookies and similar technologies. You can learn more about Yahoo's data retention and storage practices here.
- Maintain your settings and authenticate your identity while you are logged in using Yahoo Services.
- When you log in to your account for Yahoo products or Services (“Yahoo Account”), a cookie and/or device identifier that links to information about your interests is placed or read on the computer or device you are using. This allows Yahoo to associate your interests, activities, preferences, and prior Yahoo use if you log in to your Yahoo account on or otherwise use multiple devices. This means that your browsing habits or other activity on your work computer, library computer, or other device, can inform your experience on Yahoo when using your home computer or other devices.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests.
- Yahoo collects and maintains information about your interests based on your use of the Yahoo Services, others’ sites, apps, and services within the Yahoo Network, as well as other non-Yahoo sites, apps, and services that we partner with. Yahoo may combine this information with other information that we collect or receive about you.
- Provide analytics and reporting.
- Yahoo Analytics, Advertising Insights, and Flurry are systems used by Yahoo to collect information about visitors to Yahoo's and our customers' sites, apps, products, brands and services to understand how people use those services and respond to the ads we serve.
- * Maintain information in both identifiable and de-identified forms.
- Yahoo associates your observed interests and activities with your Yahoo account, and may combine this information with other information we have collected about you.
- Conduct research and measure effectiveness to improve Yahoo's Services (including by determining which Yahoo emails you open and act upon).
- To support security measures, such as requiring re-logging into an Yahoo product or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
Other Companies' Cookies on Yahoo
Learn more about your choices.